Learning the Science of Education (Forschungskompetenz in bildungswissenschaftlichen Studiengängen)
Program "Modeling and Measurement of Competencies for the Higher Education" by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
Study programs in the field of educational science aim at the qualification for educational research and practice as well. With the growing importance of evidence-based education it is crucial for both students and postgraduates to acquire and to develop research competence. Such research orientation goes beyond the mere reception of scientific knowledge (so-called research literacy), but also comprises the ability to think and work scientifically.
Nevertheless some efforts to competence measurement can be identified, a comprehensive model of research competence in the field of educational science remains a challenge. That is why the project LeScEd aims at the theory-based development and empirical verification of models of educational research competence.
The main research questions are:
1. „„Educational Research Literacy“: The Ability to Understand and Use Research Knowledge as a Facet of Educational Research Competence (Wirtz, Hosenfeld, Leuders & Groß Ophoff)
2. „Science Communication“: Genre Knowledge as a Determinant of Successful Research Communication (Nückles, Watermann, Wittwer, N.N.)
3. Understanding the Nature of Science and Epistemological Beliefs as Facets of Educational Research Competence (Stahl, Leuders & Kohl)
4. Construct Validation based on the Analysis of Differential Competence Development Processes (Renkl, Wirtz, N.N.)
5. Integration and methodological Optimization, Analysis of Cross-Project Research Questions, Coordination (Wirtz , Hosenfeld, Nückles, Wittwer, Groß Ophoff, N.N.)