Academic Qualifications: MA (Sociology), M.Ed. and PhD in Education, Diploma in German and French
Acquired PhD degree on Academic Motivation and Academic Achievement from Regional Institute of Education (RIE), National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT), a premier apex body of Government of India with a national fellowship of University Grant Commission (UGC-JRF) as a fulltime research scholar.
Current Academic Position
Associate Professor, School of Education, Pondicherry Central University, India
Previous Academic Positions
3/2002 to 7/2009 – Lecturer, School of Education, Assam Central University, India (Permanent).
7/2009 to 7/2015- Assistant Professor, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, India (Permanent).
Project completed (Major)
UNICEF- MHRD- SSA (Sarva Siksha Abhiyan) Project- Feasibility of implementing ADEPTS (Advancement of Educational Performance through Teacher support) - AN MHRD(Ministry of Human Resource Development) UNICEF initiative in Pondicherry.
Project on hold (Major)
A Major Project on, “Inequalities of Accessing Education: A Study among Scheduled Caste and Backward Tribe Students of Puducherry”, funded by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi.
- Invited as a visiting scholar in Faculty of Education, Cambridge University for 3 months.
- Alexander von Humboldt experienced Faculty Research Fellow, Empirical Studies in Education, Department of Education and Psychology, Freie University, Berlin. (Academic host: Prof. Rainer Watermann)
- A Project titled, “Designing and Implementing a Blended Teaching Learning Programme for Improving Pedagogical Practices in Classrooms” has been selected and awarded in the All India Competition on Innovative Practices and Experiments in Education for Schools and Teacher Education Institutions 2014-15 by National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi.
- Awarded with National Junior Research Fellowship (UGC-JRF) for pursuing PhD degree in 1999.
Measuring Scale Published:
Sreekala,E. (2013). Goal Orientations Skills among High School Students. National Psychological Corporation, Agra. ISBN: 978-93-83398-05-8.
- Sreekala, E.: (2013). Strategies of Motivating Students in Classroom. Lambert Academic Publishers. Germany. ISBN: 978-3659394706. 265 pp.
- Sreekala, E., Santhiya, S. (2015). Education and Social Mobility of Scheduled Castes and Backward Tribes: Persisting Inequality among Scheduled Castes and Backward Tribe community of India. Scholar Press Academic Publishers. Germany. ISBN: 978-3-639-66870-4. 85 pp.
Areas of Specialization:
Inequalities of Accessing Education, Sociology of Education, Blended Learning methods.
Areas of research work supervision for PhD.
(Eight fulltime scholars completed their PhD, five candidates have already been awarded with the PhD degree).
- Inequalities of higher educational access
- Education and Social mobility
- Blended Learning
A trainer of implementing Blended Learning Approaches for inclusive classrooms by using Learning Management Systems. Trained faculty of Universities, Colleges of Education, corporate companies like Bosch International and engineering colleges throughout the country.
Membership in bodies and councils
- Member of women cell, Pondicherry University, India
- Member of Undergraduate Board of Education, Pondicherry University, India
- Member of Post Graduate Board of Education, Pondicherry University, India
- Member of School Board of Education, Pondicherry University, India
- Member of Governing council of Indirani College of Nursing, Pondicherry, India.
- Member of faculty selection board of Colleges of Education affiliated to Pondicherry University.
- Membership in AIAER (All India Association for Educational Research)
- Membership in psycho linguistic Association of India.
- Member of Indian Sociological Society India.