We offer a postgraduate program of study focusing on prevention and promotion of health (degree earned: Master of Public Health).
We conduct research in different areas of public health on a variety of different topics.
We view ourselves as a service provider in the field of public health.
We develop, assess, or implement interventions and evaluate them as well.
- Health while Studying: A Survey of Students at Freie Universität Berlin
- Evaluation of the Germany-wide HIV Prevention Campaign “Ich weiss was ich tu” (“I know what I’m doing”) Run by Deutsche AIDs-Hilfe e.V.
- Evaluation of Counseling and Advising Services Offered on the Topic of Occupational Health by the BGW (Professional Association for Health and Welfare Care) of Hamburg
- Pretest of Topics in a Germany-wide HIV Prevention Campaign for MSM (Men Having Sex with Men) (2008)
- Implementation of Measures to Promote Health at the State Office of Criminal Investigations (Landeskriminalamt), Berlin (2006–2007)
- Strengthening Intercultural Competencies in Medical Care for HIV-positive Immigrants (2003–2005)
- Scientific Supporting Research for the Project “Prävention pädosexueller Übergriffe” (Prevention of Sexual Assault by Pedophiles) (2003–2004)
- Guidelines on the Views Taken of Medicine by General Medical Practitioners in Berlin (2003)
- Health Survey of Students at Institutions of Higher Education in Berlin: Survey of New Students at Freie Universität Berlin (2002–2003)
- Evaluation of Existing Data and Further Development of the System to Document Performance in the Field of AIDS Self-help Projects in Berlin (2001)
- Evaluation of the Model Project entitled “Entwicklung und Erprobung eines Curriculums zur berufsbegleitenden Fortbildung 'Sexualpädagogik' in den Bundesländern Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein” (Development and Testing of a Curriculum for Continuing Education toward a Certificate in ‘Sex Education’ for Working Adults in the Federal States of Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg, and Schleswig-Holstein) (1996–1999)
- Psychosocial Orientation and Problems of Caring for Refugees Who Are Minors in Berlin (1995–1997)
- Empirical Evaluation Study of the Brochure for Boys entitled “Junge, Junge – starke Kerle” (Boy, Boy – Strong Guys) Published by Pro Familia Jugendberatung Berlin (Ed.) (1995–1996)
- Model Project “Peer Education zu Liebe, Sexualität und Schwangerschaftsverhütung” (Peer Education on Love, Sexuality, and Birth Control) (1994–1997)
- Determinants of Different Patterns of Cannabis Consumption (1992–1996)
Go to the projects of the Gerontology Working Group »