Das zentrale Ziel des gemeinsamen Forscherverbundes ist es, den Entwicklungsprozess im Vorfeld einer Tat und den Prozess des Tatablaufs zu beschreiben und interdisziplinär konsensfähige, empirisch-begründete Entwicklungsmodelle zu erarbeiten, welche dann für präventive Ansätze genutzt werden können.
Konkret heißt das:
Der praktische Nutzen der Forschungsergebnisse soll dann in verschiedenen Bereichen Anwendung finden:
The central aim of the cooperative research network is to describe the development process leading to an incident, progression of events during the incident and the development of an interdisciplinary consensus-based, empirically-founded developmental model, which then can be used for preventive approaches.
Specifically, this means:
- Identification and description of specific characteristics of all incidents of highly expressive targeted killings and developing a typology, in particular in regard to crimes committed by young offenders in the school context
- Development of an interdisciplinary consensus model that comprehensively describes the developmental process of young offenders commiting the crime
- Determining specific causes together with risk and protective factors for this phenomenon
- Development of phase models and relevant specific prognostic criteria to identify serious threats
- Development of predicitive models and theories leading to escalation and violent-prone radicalization attitudes and behavior
The research results should then be applied to different practical areas:
- Substantial progress concerning police threat assessment based on specific risk and protective factors and assessment criteria for threats as well as providing coping strategies for police in crisis situations due to more accurate knowledge about the progression of events during the incident (target group: federal and state police)
- Recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of adolescents with an aptitude for violence based on developmental psychology findings from knowledge about the incident (target groups: school psychology / child and adolescent psychiatry)
- Further improvement in school violence prevention approaches and impetus for the school media work due to knowledge of the institutional embedding of violence and threats (target groups: schools, educational institutions)
- Recommendations in the field of prevention on institutional networking based on knowledge of the institutional embedding of violence and threats (target groups: the police, schools, youth offices)
- Guidelines and recommendation on media coverage on highly expressive, targeted violence (target groups: journalists, media)