Center for Research in Primary Education (ABP)
The Center for Research in Primary Education at Freie Universität Berlin, Germany, (known by its German acronym "ABP") is an institute for research on teaching, learning, and school development in the area of basic education. Our team of educational science experts initiates, monitors and evaluates school development projects both in Germany and throughout the world.
- We conduct basic research in the area of elementary education and primary level pedagogy.
- We provide advisory and monitoring services for school program work, school development and self-evaluation.
- We offer consultancy services to school boards (private or public), school administrations and government agencies in connection with school development projects and school reforms.
- Working jointly with our clients, we develop regional and national reform concepts and monitor the organizations involved during the implementation of the projects.
- We conduct external evaluations of school development projects, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- We offer teacher training courses, including programs for "training the trainers."
- We work in the transition areas from kindergarten to primary school and from primary school to secondary school.
- Our team is multilingual (English, French) and has experience working abroad.
Please click here to find a selection of our recent projects and sponsors.