Department of Education and Psychology - Psychology - Biological Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, third-party funded project "The Interactions of Memory and Reinforcement Elements"
Pay category: 13 TV-L FU
Reference code: 12-111-2019
Application deadline: 14th of october 2019
The research focus of the work area is on the investigation of neural and behavioral correlates of perceptual decision-making, reward-based decisions and decision-making in the social context by means of neuroscientific (EEG, fMRI), psychological, behavioral and computational methods.
As part of a third-party funded project in cooperation with the Department of Developmental Psychology at the Max Planck Institute for Educational Research, the successful candidate will compare and evaluate neuroscientific studies on the interactions of memory and reinforcement learning in value-based decisions (children, adolescents, adults). A multimodal, model-based MRI approach (fMRI, DTI, quantitative multi-parameter mapping, behavior modeling) is combined with a developmental approach.
PhD in Psychology, Biology, Cognitive Neuroscience or related subject
- Excellent knowledge of cognitive neuroscience with a focus on reward-based learning and / or memory
- Extensive experience in planning, performing and evaluating neuroscientific studies (fMRI, DTI, quantitative multi-parameter mapping)
- Experience modeling behavioral data
- Experience in teaching as well as in the guidance and supervision of students
- Very good knowledge of English spoken and written
Further information is given by Prof. Dr. Hauke Heekeren (email@example.com).
Please submit your application stating the reference (including a motivation letter stating your background and interest in the project and your curriculum vitae) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for application is 14.10.2019
By applying via email, you agree to your data being electronically stored and processed for the purpose of dealing with the application.