Learning the Science of Education (Forschungskompetenz in bildungswissenschaftlichen Studiengängen)
Program "Modeling and Measurement of Competencies for the Higher Education" by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Prof. Dr. Ingmar Hosenfeld (zepf, Universität Landau)
- Prof. Dr. Timo Leuders (PH Freiburg)
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Nückles
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Renkl
- Prof. Dr. Elmar Stahl (PH Freiburg)
- Prof. Dr. Rainer Watermann (FU Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Markus Wirtz (PH Freiburg)
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Wittwer (Universität Göttingen)
Study programs in the field of educational science aim at the qualification for educational research and practice as well. With the growing importance of evidence-based education it is crucial for both students and postgraduates to acquire and to develop research competence. Such research orientation goes beyond the mere reception of scientific knowledge (so-called research literacy), but also comprises the ability to think and work scientifically.
Nevertheless some efforts to competence measurement can be identified, a comprehensive model of research competence in the field of educational science remains a challenge. That is why the project LeScEd aims at the theory-based development and empirical verification of models of educational research competence.
The main research questions are:
- Is it possible to conceptualize essential facets of research competence model? What structure and/or levels of research competence can be empirically assessed and described? Which moderating variables can be identified?
- Is it possible to draw cross-sectional and longitudinal inferences about (possibly different) competence structures and levels in various course of studies?
1. „„Educational Research Literacy“: The Ability to Understand and Use Research Knowledge as a Facet of Educational Research Competence (Wirtz, Hosenfeld, Leuders & Groß Ophoff)
2. „Science Communication“: Genre Knowledge as a Determinant of Successful Research Communication (Nückles, Watermann, Wittwer, N.N.)
3. Understanding the Nature of Science and Epistemological Beliefs as Facets of Educational Research Competence (Stahl, Leuders & Kohl)
4. Construct Validation based on the Analysis of Differential Competence Development Processes (Renkl, Wirtz, N.N.)
5. Integration and methodological Optimization, Analysis of Cross-Project Research Questions, Coordination (Wirtz , Hosenfeld, Nückles, Wittwer, Groß Ophoff, N.N.)