What are my options after graduation?
With the completion of the master’s degree Educational Research (Master of Arts), graduates inhabit a broad spectrum of integrated and in-depth knowledge of educational processes. Through setting a focus on quantitative or qualitative research methods, students pocess the capability to plan, carry out or evaluate empirical studies addressing a wide range of topics in the field of educational research. Furthermore, they can work on a conceptually advisory level and transfer their research-centered knowledge to fields of adaption in the practice of upbringing and education.
Possible occupational fields:
- Technical advice (e.g., education administration and policy, federal ministry, organizations for evaluation and innovation of the education and training system)
- Education management (e.g., leading positions in educational institutions, e.g., universities, colleges and schools, providers of further education, early childhood education, adult education)
- University or external university research (e.g., in the field of evaluation, quality assurance and innovation of educational institutions)
- Evaluation (e.g., specific evaluation or quality assurance in education and training such as personnel development centers or research institutions)
- Striving for a subsequent doctorate and habilitation is also an option.
Further information on professional fields can be found thorugh the OSA (only in German)