Transcultural Clinical Psychology & Psychotraumatology
The research focus "Transcultural Clinical Psychology & Psychotraumatology" includes various projects on transcultural aspects of mental illnesses and therapeutic interventions in a transcultural context. One focus is the investigation of psychological consequences of traumatic experiences and their treatment among victims of armed conflicts and refugees. We investigate both epidemiological and etiological issues of mental health problems following trauma, as well as various aspects of the treatment of victims of armed conflicts and refugees in a psychosocial context with the aim of tailoring diagnostic and psychotherapeutic interventions to the needs of traumatized people from different cultures and improving their mental health care provision.
- Subjective explanatory models of psychological disorders in a transcultural context (EXPLAIN)
- Mental Health of interpreters working with fugitives
- Reviews and meta-analyses on psychopathology and treatment of victims of armed conflict
- Internet-based Refugee Mental Health Care (I-REACH)
- Traumatic Grief Assessment of Loss in Europe (TALE)