Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Application Documents

Yes, you can provide certificates from online universities together with your degree specification.

No, such letters will not be taken into consideration during the review of your application.

APS certificate is a country-specific document. Some candidates are asked to submit this document with their application before the deadline. Please consult this website for more information.

Also see:

APS India

uni-assist Info country by country

No motivation letter is required for the application

As MCNB is a consecutive master`s degree, your M.A./M.Sc. is irrelevant to your application. You will apply with your B.A./B.Sc. degree. If your B.A./B.Sc. degree is not in one of the disciplines listed on our website (based on the M.Sc. Cognitive Neuroscience Access Charter), you should submit the self-disclosure form, where you will find space to list qualifications gained during your M.A./M.Sc.

MCNB is a consecutive master’s program designed to follow a bachelor’s
degree. It is not designed as a second master’s degree. Therefore, a
master’s degree or a TOR cannot be a substitute for a bachelor’s degree as
proof of study background. Your admission will be based on the
evaluation of the bachelor`s degree. Candidates who have/will have a
master’s degree should apply with their bachelor’s degree certificate. You
can fill in and submit the self-disclosure form, if aspects of your master`s degree are informative to the
admission board.

If you studied one of the listed programs, apply with that bachelor's diploma/transcript of records. If your bachelor's program does not match with one of the listed programs, then fill out the study equivalence form, submit it along with other documents. There you can add details about your second bachelor's or master's education.

For the first step of the admission process, the grade of the bachelor degree with which you apply will be considered. 

No, fill out the self-disclosure form and submit it if and only if your bachelor's program, with which you are applying, IS NOT listed as eligible. There is no added benefit if you submit the form when you do not have to.

You should submit the self-disclosure form if your bachelor's program's name does not completely match the ones listed on the website (based on the M.Sc. Cognitive Neuroscience Access Charter).

Some names of B.A./B.Sc. programs might have names close to the ones listed but not identical. In these cases, it is important to submit the self-disclosure form. Some examples:

  • Applied psychology, clinical psychology, psychological counseling, psychology and journalism, work psychology, business psychology,...
  • Biochemistry, plant biology, human physiology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, life sciences, bioinformatics,...
  • Medical laboratory science, audiology, exercise physiology, speech and language pathology, molecular medicine,...
  • Information technologies, computer engineering, systems engineering, human robotics,...
  • ...

For all these, the self-disclosure form must be submitted to allow the admission officers to evaluate if your study background can be considered suited. When in doubt, submit the self-disclosure form, as it does not harm submitting it.

If you have already graduated and  your final grade is not written on your bachelor's degree certificate (i.e, diploma), please submit your transcript of records (TOR) along with your bachelor's degree certificate. Make sure TOR includes your final grade.

No, we do not. The end of the application period is a hard deadline. Candidates cannot submit new applications or documents (e.g., a language certificate) after the deadline.

Uni-assist is first to receive your application. They check your documents and then forward them to the respective universities. You can find useful information regarding assembling your documents via the following website:


The application form refers to the questions you have to fill on uni-assist or the FU application portal, no separate form exists.

If you are applying via uni-assist you could submit the form along with the other documents. Please do not send the form in advance to ask if you are eligible or not.